Dialing new Primary Arms 1-8x24 Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to USSA gun range in Owasso/Tulsa area around 2pm for some needed range, being my 1st time there it was pretty much dead which means more range time for me, was there for about 1 hr and half before more people started showing up, had to meet up with the wife at 4pm. Overall for being a 1st timer here, it was a great experience and staff was very friendly.

For some reason I can not dial this scope in, this is my 1st AR15 and I did follow instructions from Youtube videos, however I guess I just need more training. I was shooting down and left was ranging in my scope at the 100 yard area. I shot about 60 rounds through the rifle today, altogether only about 100 rounds. Today was pretty warm and winds maybe between 5-10 mph.

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Range.jpg
    Range.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 180

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sure you've already checked the scope rings and mount to make sure everything is tight and not moving? How far low and left were you hitting from the bullseye? If your hitting low and left, you will turn both the elevation and windage adjustments counter clockwise, assuming that scope adjusts like most do. Also I believe that scope is 1/2 moa at 100 yards, which should be close to 1/2 inch per click. Not sure if it will help or not, but I made a video recently about how I sight in my scopes.

edit: What does it say on the turret? I looked at their website and it says 1/2 moa in the description, but then the picture of the scope shows 1/2" at 100 yards. Im just curious which it is.

Last edited:

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would start out closer than 100yds. I have the PA 1-6x on my AR and love it. I started out at 50yd, dialed at 100yd, and now I can own man sized targets at 500yds (as far as I've stretched it). What mount and ammo were you using?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you describe how/what you were doing to sight in? How many round groups were you firing, what kind of target were you using, what adjustments were you making and what was the result of those adjustments etc...

When you say you can't dial it in, what do you mean? Just some more tidbits to help us help you.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
60+ round ain't short for a 100 yard zero session LOL!

Don't keep us in suspense. What exactly was the trouble? Bad groups, no groups, unable to adjust group impact?

Latest posts

Top Bottom