Dicks Sporting Goods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in law reached out to me last night to ask if aluminum case 9mm was okay to run through his pistol. After conversations about aluminum vs brass and lead vs copper plated, I asked him how much was the ammo. $35 for 50 rounds. I explained to him how that was pretty much what one pays for 100 rounds brass cased right now. He then tells me it’s on sale at Dick’s. I encouraged him go elsewhere but he had a gift card from Christmas that he never spent.
I have not set foot in a Dick’s since they landed on the wrong side of the 2A debate. They certainly have continued to earn the name. .70 per round (on sale) for aluminum 115gr 9mm. Wow.

I certainly know what I will be getting him for Christmas. Academy has 200 round packs for $69, limit 4 per person per day.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked the gun counter at a Dicks in Kansas City for two Christmas seasons.
I have horror stories about just how stupid and unsafe about guns much of the general public is. A couple of customers made a good case for NICS to have video capability to watch idiots before giving a proceed. I caught a guy trying to load a 20 ga Mossberg by pushing rounds into the mag tube backwards brass first. I think his stupidity prevented a active shooter. BTW, NICS gave him a proceed as I was notifying mgmt that I wasn't going to complete the sale. They handled it great, like mgmt always did, stupid customer left the store with his new shotgun
If you see a price tag ending in .97, say $29.97, that is a clearance price.
Some time managers can give a 10% discount just to make customers happy.
As for buying ammo at Academy, see my post about how they created a prohibited person out of my address and denied me a sale, when NICS gave me a proceed. I say let big box stores die in bankruptcy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom