Did Britain’s Royal Marines Really Crush The U.S. Marine Corps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was reading that they had come up with new tactics or something that helped them. let's not forget also that no battle occurs in a balanced way, such as was simulated in such a battle i would imagine.

anyway, i'm glad they kicked our asses. after all, we're allies, and it is better to be awares of our weaknesses now than when it actually counts. that's why we do these things, right? the British are our allies, so either way we're on the winning team.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was reading that they had come up with new tactics or something that helped them. let's not forget also that no battle occurs in a balanced way, such as was simulated in such a battle i would imagine.

anyway, i'm glad they kicked our asses. after all, we're allies, and it is better to be awares of our weaknesses now than when it actually counts. that's why we do these things, right? the British are our allies, so either way we're on the winning team.
Yep, just to bad they are laughing about it all over the internet.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the only people i imagine laughing about it are probably armchair warriors who get winded when they walk around the block.
And most of the Army, 2 former Marines I know (but one is complaining it is the admin's fault and I believe he is correct) and most of us ex-service people who have dealt with cocky Marines when we were in the service.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And most of the Army, 2 former Marines I know (but one is complaining it is the admin's fault and I believe he is correct) and most of us ex-service people who have dealt with cocky Marines when we were in the service.

Yeah but that's all in good nature inter service rivalry, right? At the end of the day we're all on team USA and I doubt the us army would have fared better anyway since I assume the training Is similar.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah but that's all in good nature inter service rivalry, right? At the end of the day we're all on team USA and I doubt the us army would have fared better anyway since I assume the training Is similar.
Yes but the Army would not have spent so much time playing grab a$$ in the shower, at least that is what my former buds say. Me, I was Coast Guard, we sat on the beach and laughed at all of you. :P

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh?
And former Marines? Never knew their was such an animal.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another board:

In a way it doesn’t surprise me. For starters you cannot enlist in the Royal Marines. You can try out from another service. Less than one in twenty make it. They train and train and train. There are only 7,750 Royal Marines and 750 reserves.

Apparently, a more balanced match up might have been our Seals against the Royal Marines?

Latest posts

Top Bottom