Did Britain’s Royal Marines Really Crush The U.S. Marine Corps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another board:

Apparently, a more balanced match up might have been our Seals against the Royal Marines?
Probably would have been a good match, but they interservice train too. They know each other techniques and tactics.
What I've seen over the years in the service and afterward was that marines get along great with every other service except Navy.
In my times overseas and afterward, the biggest bar fights were between Navy and Marines. Love em both!
It usually boils down to Marines being mad they don't have their own branch and Navy guys are usually incapable of keeping their mouths shut without reminding them. I'm not sure if it's a crayon deficiency on one side or a wax overload on the other, but something lights that candle.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably would have been a good match, but they interservice train too. They know each other techniques and tactics.

It usually boils down to Marines being mad they don't have their own branch and Navy guys are usually incapable of keeping their mouths shut without reminding them. I'm not sure if it's a crayon deficiency on one side or a wax overload on the other, but something lights that candle.
I think you may be correct.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a matter of fact that the next big war will be between who can defeat the other's technology.
Those with zero technology may prevail......
We've seen that in the last three wars.
Well, let me correct myself. The liberal politicians didn't allow us to use the technology to win.
Spot on, and there lays your problem. We don't fight to win.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did we forget when a bunch of kalashnikov-toting goat enthusiasts kicked ‘The Corps (tm)’ out of Fallujah?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
And so do I-I was supposed to go home but my unit got extended because the Marines couldn’t handle haji.
And what were the ROE? Weapons Free? Something tells me they weren't.

I can't remember a time where we didn't go into a potential engagement without one hand tied behind our backs. As a Reagan Marine, even then the top brass seemed more concerned about what we'd do (with anything other than tight control), than they were the OPFOR winning the engagement. :(

It's funny, I remember more fights with the Army than Navy or AF. That may have been a result of our close training coordination with the Army in my MOS (Stinger surface to air missiles). Our worst fight was at Ft. McCoy. :)

As for the Navy, I always appreciated that they gave us rides to wherever we needed to go. I do wish they'd have been a little less tight with the purse strings though.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what were the ROE? Weapons Free? Something tells me they weren't.

I can't remember a time where we didn't go into a potential engagement without one hand tied behind our backs. As a Reagan Marine, even then the top brass seemed more concerned about what we'd do (with anything other than tight control), than they were the OPFOR winning the engagement. :(

It's funny, I remember more fights with the Army than Navy or AF. That may have been a result of our close training coordination with the Army in my MOS (Stinger surface to air missiles). Our worst fight was at Ft. McCoy. :)

As for the Navy, I always appreciated that they gave us rides to wherever we needed to go. I do wish they'd have been a little less tight with the purse strings though.
Lol no.
In fact, they 82nd was removed because they were inflicting too many casualties! I remember watching a Stars and Stripes broadcast about it at the Camp Victory dfac. ‘The Marines (tm)’, I think faggy-matty Mattis himself if I recall correctly, were talking up how they were more skilled at urban operations than the 82nd and would be able to easily pacify the city without resorting to the unjustifiable bloodshed the 82nd was inflicting.

And then they got punked, and I got extended another 6 months so we could go ‘reinforce’ them.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My army father would be grinning from ear to ear. He couldn't stand Uncle Sam's Misguided Children ever since they took credit for a lot of Pacific battles the army won.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ol no.
In fact, they 82nd was removed because they were inflicting too many casualties! I remember watching a Stars and Stripes broadcast about it at the Camp Victory dfac. ‘The Marines (tm)’, I think faggy-matty Mattis himself if I recall correctly, were talking up how they were more skilled at urban operations than the 82nd and would be able to easily pacify the city without resorting to the unjustifiable bloodshed the 82nd was inflicting.

And then they got punked, and I got extended another 6 months so we could go ‘reinforce’ them.
So typical of someone who in reality, knows they are second best, if that. I won't bother tossing insults back your way, but you, dog-face, have absolutely no leg to stand on when you disrespect General Mattis. What did you get out of disparaging the Marine Corps with your ignorant remarks? make you feel big and tough? Almost like a Marine, huh? .

Back your crap up, post a link to something with maybe a teeny tiny bit more credibility than your out of line boasts.

On topic: The information about the Royal Marines bashing the US Marines is wholly a product of a British Tabloid...comparable to The Enquirer posting just an article stating just the opposite. This exercise was NOT a FORCE ON FORCE exercise. There are no "winners" and no "losers" in training events like this. Here's a link that might help some of the mouth-breathers who have invaded our forum better understand.

ttps://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2021/11/04/us-marine-corps-rebuffs-report-that-royal-marines-dominated-in-training-exercise/

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

But the US Marines DO in fact have their own branch. It is by law one of two services within the Department of the Navy. Perhaps knowing that Marine General Peter Pace was Chairman of the JCS in 2005 and that that fearsome warrior Army General Mark (Woke) Milley was sworn in by the Outgoing Chairmen of the JCS, Marine General Joe Dunford will be helpful.
Give him your ammo.jpg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the US Marines DO in fact have their own branch. It is by law one of two services within the Department of the Navy. Perhaps knowing that Marine General Peter Pace was Chairman of the JCS in 2005 and that that fearsome warrior Army General Mark (Woke) Milley was sworn in by the Outgoing Chairmen of the JCS, Marine General Joe Dunford will be helpful.
View attachment 232474
I'm sure that's every Marine's reply to a taunt from a sailor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom