Did Cortez really say this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sad part is that believing she said it requires very little suspension of disbelief. The sadder part is that it actually makes more sense than some of the stuff that has come rolling out of her pie hole...

I have heard nothing from her mouth that makes any sense at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its impressive she can't put a complete sentence together. She was on a podcast with a couple of guys and when asked about cow farts, she commented "we" need to look into factory cow farming its wild! Then got all bug eyed and never completed her thoughts. After a pregnant pause the interviewers went on.
WTF did that even mean? Has she ever read a book or been to a ranch? I know it's NY where she lives, but upstate and western NY has lots of small cattle ranches and dairy herds, all of which I've seen are family owned. I'm sure there may be a commercial ranching operation out there like Braums has in Okla, but most are family owned.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Braums family still owns that operation.
You may be right. I remember when they were HQ in Ponca and just asked for permission to block off a little used street so their semi's could have room to back in without interference from cars. They moved the entire business to its current location in retaliation for the city not allowing that.
I kind of equated with a commercial operation having their own herd as a commercial ranching business. Maybe that doesn't hold water?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kind of equated with a commercial operation having their own herd as a commercial ranching business. Maybe that doesn't hold water?
I'm not sure. From what I understand, a lot of "family" farms and ranches could be considered "corporate" or "commercial" because they are, in fact, corporations, especially the ones that have been around for a few generations. After a couple of generations, they have so many heirs with a stake in the farm that the only way it can operate is for it to be a corporation with the heirs owning the stock (corporate, not literal), and only some of them actually working the farm/ranch.

So, it's still a family farm, but it's also a corporate farm. I'm not sure, but I think that's how Braums is structured--the family owns the corporation, which in turn owns the farm, stores, and so forth.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, that same "block off a street" happened in Norman with the Hiland Dairy, but Norman let them block off the street. I'm guessing the example from Ponca played a role in that decision.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahaha. Good god man, even AOC isn’t dumb enough to post this on the internet. Well, maybe she is, and that’s partly why I think she’s so hot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom