Did I do something stupid? a 45 for a 10mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t found 10mm to be punishing, but my experience has been with a 1911 platform, a 4.5” XDm, and a 4” N Frame. The 4.5” XDm was a little “muzzle flippy”, but I also tend to shoot 9mm more than anything handgun wise. I figure you’ll be just fine. If anything, adding a rail mounted muzzle weight will likely help with any muzzle flip/recoil issues you think you may have.
10mm is not like a .44 mag at all. In a 29 it has some snap you can see if video, vm but all my 10’s just absorb it, be aware of grip, no limp wrist if or you might feel a tiny bit or the weapon will malfunction, otherwise have fun. It’s not a 9mm fast as far as reacquaint the next shot but it’s not slow by any means. My wife shoots my delta elite 10 and loves it. It’s heavy and shoots well, the 29 with underwood ammo is also easy to shoot due to weight.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
10mm is not like a .44 mag at all. In a 29 it has some snap you can see if video, vm but all my 10’s just absorb it, be aware of grip, no limp wrist if or you might feel a tiny bit or the weapon will malfunction, otherwise have fun. It’s not a 9mm fast as far as reacquaint the next shot but it’s not slow by any means. My wife shoots my delta elite 10 and loves it. It’s heavy and shoots well, the 29 with underwood ammo is also easy to shoot due to weight.
I have no idea how it compares to a 44mag load, I’ve never shot 44 mag. Even with wood combat grips it’s mild.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea how it compares to a 44mag load, I’ve never shot 44 mag. Even with wood combat grips it’s mild.
If you ever get the urge to fire a .44 mag as Bob Barker would say........

cod.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom