Did I just witness a war crime?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ukrainian tank shoots Russian soldiers surrendering with a white flag. Look behind the tree in the center of the screen at 8:40. Then keep watching for a few more seconds.

My father was a wounded combat veteran in Europe, during WW2. He said the Russians were widely known for their brutality to nazi troops, as well as the civilian poulation of Germany! Of course the Nazi's were likely even more brutal to their POWS , especially Russian POW's, and civilians! They both pale in compaison to the Japinese, during WW2! I knew a guy, and childhood friend of my father, that was in the Bataan Death March, and remained a Japanese POW until the end of the a war! he told dad some of the UNBELIEVABLE atrocities he WITNESSED, AND SUFFERED, during nearly 4 years as a Japanese POW, including picking an American POW, at random, killing, and butchering him, in front of the other POW's, and feeding him to these STARVING AMERICAN POWS!! Dad said this guy was a BIG STOUT KID, GROWING UP, but when he got home, from that ordeal, he was just skin, and bones, and stayed that way the rest of his life!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I’ve learned, both in life and in the military. The only difference between right and wrong depends on which side of the fence you’re on. Most people aren’t willing to fight and die for things they don’t believe in.
I was in ROTC at the end of Nam. I was so naive/stupid/sheltered, I really didn't know anything about the place other than the war stories from my ROTC cadre that had just returned from there. They related stories of intrigue and suspense with a lot of boredom mixed in.

They had stories of heroism and bravery with a very mild manner of relating of these tales. I remember Captain Saunders relating his tale about him being a brand new 2ndLt. in Nam on his first patrol. Being Airborne Ranger, he knew all the tactics and at the rest, he dutifully set his OPs and LPs and sauntered out into the middle of the trail they were securing and lit a cigarette. The next thing he knew he was waking up in a hospital in Ft. Leonard Wood.

He related that contrary to the Ranger instructors, the RANGER patch was not bulletproof reaching into his breast pocket and pulling out his with a neat hole between the N and G. Then he said you hear stories of lighters and books deflecting bullets away? They do but mine deflected inward toward my leg, propping up his Zippo on the table next to his whiskey. It too had a nice bend and scallop-shaped hole.

When asked about My Lai they toed the official line about the atrocity and subsequent court marshal of Lt. William Calley. If you get them into a social environment with flowing booze and it was a wholly different war.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All that money we’ve given them could have been used to address our homeless problem, help our veterans, reform the housing and entitlement programs that have devastated certain demographics by chaining them into economic bondage, created real programs that help ALL Americans have better lives. Our American people are in the Barrios, the inner cities, the reservations, the small towns destroyed by corporate greed, the vanishing family farms. Our people are here. Not over the f***ing ocean.
Easy, we just tell everyone Saudi Arabia has weapons of mass destruction. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom