Did some upland pattern testing on the SBE3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Patternmaster Classic Long Range Ported out of the SBE3. 35 yards free hand. This isn't scientific by any means, just a quick test.

#1 was with the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 2 3/4" Nickle Plated #5. I aimed low to compensate for my SBE3 shooting high, but I aimed a bit too low.
20210724_122358.jpg

#2 was with the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 3" Nickle Plated #5's. I pulled the shot left, but Holy Hanna was that a dead bird!
20210724_122954.jpg

This wasn't scientific at all and I didn't have any 4'x4' backing to see and count the entire pattern, but it gave me some good insight on how tight this choke is. It is exactly what I want for roosters. DRT!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scientific enough for me....how do you like that SBE3?
It's like a platinum edition F150 vs a Lariat. My CZ1012 is light, great trigger, fits well and a great upland gun. The SBE3 just does it with more class and better feel. The comfort tech stock isn't a gimmic. It really does have a noticeable difference in recoil vs my 1012.

It's like holding feather too. Very light and well balanced. I'm really looking forward to Pheasant season with it.

Part of me wishes I would have gotten the black or camo version vs the wood. I don't want to drag it through the muck if I don't have to. I'll use my M3500 or Affinity 3.5 for that.

Was it worth the extra 1000 bucks ($1624 vs $622)? Not really. I'd do it again in a heart beat though. It's a sweet gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom