Did someone die at Banner Road gun range?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, what an interesting thread. I did not know Harry could still see well enough to discern a muzzle from a spark plug. To make you disassemble your gun, sorry Harry, get screwed. To try to embarrass someone.... I think Harry was having a senior moment. Or a flashback. Whatever. That's bad customer service. Personally, I won't go back after my last visit. Way too dangerous.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out there this morning and I will say this, it's not the same. Me and 2 buddies went out there and first thing walking into the range he got on to my buddy for having the bolt closed on his rifle on the sling on his back, he asked us if we read the rules and asked if we signed in multiple times and we pointed out that we did, and when they were stapling the targets up he came out and yelled at me for standing next to the benches and reminded me gruffly how I just told him I read the rules. He mentioned today how if we break the rules we would be kicked out like the part leaving when we got there and he kept stepping out and watching the firing line.

No need to be rude about the rules and in my opinion he cracked down on them too hard, there's a better way of dealing with it and kicking people out left and right is not the way. If he wants you to be a certain length from the line he needs to paint a line on the ground to stay behind. I also think he would do better to have a designated range officer to enforce the rules and be more tactful about it.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy sounds like a total douche canoe. I go to Camo Corner in Stillwater and never had a problem with the staff, but I did have some crusty old man get in my face because I wasn't using the safety on my handgun. We get the weirdos since it's the only range in town besides the gun club which is has too many rules for my liking. Camo Corner's rules is just basic safety guidelines.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy sounds like a total douche canoe. I go to Camo Corner in Stillwater and never had a problem with the staff, but I did have some crusty old man get in my face because I wasn't using the safety on my handgun. We get the weirdos since it's the only range in town besides the gun club which is has too many rules for my liking. Camo Corner's rules is just basic safety guidelines.
Weren't using your safety? Please explain.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weren't using your safety? Please explain.

The manual thumb safety. He was going on about how I need to know the manual of arms and use the safety so I don't hurt someone since he knew I was a new shooter. Started after we were talking about carry set ups and i began shooting my PX4 Storm which has a safety/decocker on it. Kept it up after I moved to the other spot without the shade, but his son he was teaching looked embarrassed so I guess he's just like that. I go there usually once a week on different days and haven't seen them before so idk. He never mentioned anything about the revolver though, guess engaging the key lock would be overkill even for him.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Harry is a good guy, with good intentions.

That could be true but there's a different way to approach these things. Yelling and talking down at me because I was standing 3' from the bench playing on my phone vs the 5' standing next to the wall and you don't have a line or clear off the firing line rule.

I do feel for him because he has to deal with the idiots of the general population but alienating customers in the process isn't the best way to handle things, unless he just doesn't care of it stays open or closes.

If he ever shuts down I will be sad because I do like going out there.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That could be true but there's a different way to approach these things. Yelling and talking down at me because I was standing 3' from the bench playing on my phone vs the 5' standing next to the wall and you don't have a line or clear off the firing line rule.

I do feel for him because he has to deal with the idiots of the general population but alienating customers in the process isn't the best way to handle things, unless he just doesn't care of it stays open or closes.

If he ever shuts down I will be sad because I do like going out there.
I hear you. Maybe he'll find a good balance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom