Did the winter weed treatment on Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spray my yard with glyphosate in the middle of winter to kill those pesky weeds that germinate in the fall and start to flourish in the spring. I may have over done it, so I’m asking who else does this and what application rate do you use for the glyphosate?

I also paid a ridiculous amount for some pre-emergent that Stillwater Milling recommended. The active ingredient is called Indaziflam and the brand name I used is called Rezilon by Bayer. This stuff is supposed to stay active for 18 months, which just floors me. And the mix is only 3 ounces per acre.
With all the moisture heading our way, it should soak this stuff in very well.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I used a lovely shade of blue:
5AED8DF2-9971-4308-A224-AEB7296F2B1A.jpeg

You’re good.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I used a lovely shade of blue:View attachment 250059

Looks good, and the water will help.

I’m not a yard guy, but I’ve pestered the crap out of my yard guy for all the things I think I need to know in case he gets run over by a milk truck. Plus, he just does the yard but I mimic most of what what he does out in the horse pasture.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not familiar with that pre emergent. But you are good to go with the round up. Bermuda is very dormant right now. Not sure if the round up will kill your broadleaf weeds…. It usually doesn’t. But it will take care of your poa and other cool season grassses. Having said that, I am seeing a lot of immature poa that is buried deep below the Bermuda thatch…. Your round up may not have made contact with some of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom