Did you ever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have two freaking screws holding up everything?

Trying to fix my frig again as water is going into the frig section and getting everywhere. Have it unplugged, thawed out, and trying to get to the drain line to make sure it is clear. Two hex head screws just will not come out. I have the correct size socket on them and they turn but will not back out. Feels like maybe they are stripped out but even a little upwards pressure is not making them back out.

Any ideas short of a 357 at close range? I have already said all the required cuss words and a few I made up on the spot. Still not working.
Pliers, vice grips, Drill bit with easy outs? If the ice maker is the water problem, shut off the water supply and get a Counter top Ice Maker

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of good, valid ideas here so far. If you can't get pliers or vice grips or similar tool on them, find some small diameter wire - I always have some .020" and .032" safety wire around. Loop the wire around the screw under the head and twist it tight. That way, you can pull on the wire while turning the head of the screw and maybe get enough upward tension to get it loose. It's worked for me a few times. Good luck!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have two freaking screws holding up everything?

Trying to fix my frig again as water is going into the frig section and getting everywhere. Have it unplugged, thawed out, and trying to get to the drain line to make sure it is clear. Two hex head screws just will not come out. I have the correct size socket on them and they turn but will not back out. Feels like maybe they are stripped out but even a little upwards pressure is not making them back out.

Any ideas short of a 357 at close range? I have already said all the required cuss words and a few I made up on the spot. Still not working.

My recommendation is to lift the unit up and slide a new refrigerator under it ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be thankful it is not a stamped steel water pump leak on a V8 front wheel drive Cadillac.

I told my wife NO water to the fridge PERIOD.
I came home one day and her dad had been here and hooked water to the ice maker in the fridge.
WTF!
Guess what leaked and soaked the floor in under 2 days.
Yea.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be thankful it is not a stamped steel water pump leak on a V8 front wheel drive Cadillac.

I told my wife NO water to the fridge PERIOD.
I came home one day and her dad had been here and hooked water to the ice maker in the fridge.
WTF!
Guess what leaked and soaked the floor in under 2 days.
Yea.

We were needing a new refrigerator because we had some issues with it, including a possible leak to the ice maker. We were looking at different models that "might" fit into our RV's refrigerator space, and she made some reference to the fact that our son's fridge having both ice and water in the door was nice.

We compromised and ONLY got the ice maker, which is fine with me as I hate refilling ice trays almost every single day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom