Did you ever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I got it fixed. Went at it from the back. Same odd size screws but not recessed so I could get vise grips on them. Cleaned the drain pan and blew air up the drain line to be sure it was clear. I have it plugged back in and cooling so I will wait a day or two to see.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one that would keep freezeing the drain line and shut down dealt with it off and on for more than a year and got tired of it and replaced it, have no ideal how old it was bought it off my brother when he was moving 7 or 8 years earlier and he got it second hand but dont remember when.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your ice maker and see if it has a hard water build up on it . water will actually follow the buildup out of the ice trays into your freezer. Stop it by cleaning well and putting a thin layer of food grade silicone grease along top edge of ice tray. Also make sure your fridge is level. Back a hunert years ago whirlpool sent out a notice to take a thin copper wire. Wrap it tight on defrost heater and extend it about 3-4 inches down drain. Sort of a poor man's drain heater.crude but effective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom