1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"Did you flunk Home ECH?"

Discussion in 'Stupid Stuff' started by Snattlerake, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes!

Yeah, I know how ta spell it. That's just what I thought of it when I was told I had to take it in "preparation for college".

I keep tellin her that but she don't believe me. Was doin my laundry cause I get my stuff dirty, I cleans my stuff. That's it. Don't wear tidy whiteys so I don't "separate" it's all wash n wear so it all goesinta the machine, drink a beer, then it comesoutta the same machine then goesinta another machine, then comesoutta again and gets hung up or folded or thrown into the dresser. I got "caught" not separating.

Meh.

Then I got caught inna kitchen washing dishes but Lord have Mercy I was puttin in the dirty pots to soak while I was supposed to wash the silverware and dishes first. Hellfire we gots a $800 machine not two feet away that takes two freekin hours to wash dishes that ya have ta wash before puttin them into the dish washing machine. The old one we had worked but it made a gloppitta gloppitta sound and only took an hour after you washed the dishes first.
    This one, we never use, is quiet as a mouse, probably because we never use it, and it "sanitizes" too.

I wonder if she can set up and cut a straight line with an Oxyacetylene torch?

2. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Be careful... if she realizes she can do some or most of the crap YOU can do, she might realize she don't need YOU...

Snattlerake, Cowcatcher and kirk1978 like this.
  3. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Words of wisdom.

4. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    We share household duties round here. I dirty my clothes, my wife washes em and puts em up. I dirty the dishes, my daughters wash em. They need something heavy moved, I move it. I didn't take no home ech! I took home builders education!

Snattlerake likes this.
  5. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don't have a clothes washer or a dish washer anymore.

I also no longer have a lawn mower.

She moved out.

6. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You need to tell her to pick her battles and making clean clothes is not one of them and washing dishes your way is not one of them either.
    I have tighty whities and I toss them in with colors and never had an issue.
    Of course a new pair of jeans or a new red shirt of the wifes would turn the whites another color.

I took Home economics but only because grandmother taught me how to sew when I was in 3rd grade and figured that would be an easy A and it was and the fact that you get to eat in that class and I was already cooking stuff from the local creeks and ponds.
    And this is the main reason for taking that class-------------- It was full of girls!

But they did not teach you about articles of clothing that would shrink in the dryer!

Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 is the dishwasher I have and this is the first one that does in fact clean dirty dishes.

ignerntbend and Snattlerake like this.
  7. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Quiet Partner 1- key phrase in this whole thread!

8. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Paper plates are your friends.

9. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Love the responses, keep em coming.

and y'all realize this is satire, not a rant.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    dennishoddy and Cowcatcher like this.
  10. blake711

blake711 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    While I can handle anything inside the house. My wife handles all of that and has for years along with the kids. I handle everything outside, vehicles and anything that needs fixing in or out. If something happens to my wife. My kids are screwed. This place would crumble without her. This guy says it pretty well. https://faithit.com/i-cant-afford-my-wife-steven-nelms/

Cowcatcher and MacFromOK like this.