Diesel engine oil gone in 8 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wal -mart sells Castrol GTX Classic 20w50, has zinc in it. It's $21 for a 5quart jug. Probably half of what VR-1 costs.
Forgot about that! Picked up a jug for my old Torino, haven't used it yet. I got the last one at the Owasso Walmart, and they haven't restocked. If I see more, I'll probably grab a few for future oil changes. Thanks for the reminder.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot about that! Picked up a jug for my old Torino, haven't used it yet. I got the last one at the Owasso Walmart, and they haven't restocked. If I see more, I'll probably grab a few for future oil changes. Thanks for the reminder.
I'm going to buy a few jugs next time I see them, about the best deal going on oil that has zinc.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run Valvoline premium blue 15w40 in my diesel and I haven't been able to find that for several months around where I live. So I don't know what's going on, crazy times for sure.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Penn Grade oil, the Green oil, is what I use in all my classic vehicles. It used to be called Brad Penn oil. It has the high levels of zinc & phosphorus that these engines needs.
I just bought a case from Summit Racing, had it & the other items I ordered in 2 days.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VR1 in all of my classic stuff, Valvoline full syn in everything else. Got to have that zinc in my older stuff. I've been reading that even Rotella no longer has the zinc it used to have.
Grand Prix on admiral in Tulsa has PennGrade 1 still has Zink its the original green oil.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom