Diesel engine oil gone in 8 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I say BS...

Attachments

• bs-meter.gif
    bs-meter.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 0

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the Walmart in Moore about an hour ago and they had several gallons of Rotella, Delvac, Motorcraft and Castrol. Probably be gone tomorrow but it was there tonight.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I remember they were blaming that on Covid awhile back. It started to cause a hoarder run so they shut up about it. Like a year or two ago.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home heating Oil, mostly used in the north east, is exactly the same as diesel fuel! Each have a page of lab specs, they have to meet, and there could be a few slightly different specs, between them, but not many. I retirtted from Sun Refinery In Tulsa, 20 years ago, so things have changed I'm sure. But back then the Sulfur speck was what cause sun to sell that refinery, a or at least a major contributing factor. That refinery was designed to run Oklahoma Sweet Crude, ( naturally low in sulfur) which means all the produvcts will be low in sulfur as well. Before I retired we could no longer meet the on road sulfur spec, and had to sell all our dieselk as off road de iesel, and add red dye! If I remember correctly, home heating oil is the same sulfur speck as off oroad diesel. This speck kept going down, and just before they sold out, they were going to have to build a de-sulfuration plant at a cost of hundreds of millions or stop selling diesel fuel! and home heating oil. Cold weather inctreses the demand on diesel fuel, because it can be sold as home heating oil, or diesel, depanding on the market price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom