Diesel Fuel Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back from town, and diesel at Murphy’s was down to $4.95. I’m thinking about refilling my bulk tank for my tractors and skid steer while it’s cheap. :rollingla
That sounds dumb, but it might be $6.00/gallon next week. :anyone:

cdoan02

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from town, and diesel at Murphy’s was down to $4.95. I’m thinking about refilling my bulk tank for my tractors and skid steer while it’s cheap. :rollingla
That sounds dumb, but it might be $6.00/gallon next week. :anyone:
Nothing dumb about it. If anything, that might be downright optimistic.

Paid $5.14 in NE DFW yesterday. I was thinking, it’s not even summer travel months. Maybe see $8 this summer the way things are going…

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading and hearing from a few different outlets that there is about a day of diesel left along the east coast and that rationing is going to start at some point in the near future.
Just one place that is talking about it:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gasoline is about to hit $4/gal in the Tulsa area, if it hasn't by now. It's already well over $4/gal at the rural Pott County stations I passed yesterday, but they're always higher than a roadie on Wille's tour bus. Okemah was the lowest I saw at $3.77/gal. Diesel was well over $5/gal at every station I passed, but not being in the diesel market at the moment, I didn't notice the cents part.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Report: US Gas Prices Could Double Soon, Amid Potential Supply Shortage​

Report: US Gas Prices Could Double Soon, Amid Potential Supply Shortage

Some gas stations across the country are already bracing for the Next Big Thing involving surging fuel prices, namely the price per gallon potentially exceeding $10.

For other stations, however, there might be no product left to sell at the pumps.

Throughout eastern Washington, according to a Post Millennial report, gas stations are running out of fuel.

In the Tri-Cities region of Kennewick, Pasco, and West Richland, customers are reportedly pulling up to pumps ... only to find no gas available for purchase.

In fact, a local Facebook group has already identified 10 state stations that are currently out of fuel.

This current shortage mainly accounts for regular unleaded and premium gasolines; but the diesel supply is also in short supply, according to reports.

With the supply seemingly shrinking, and demand going way up, that naturally leads to higher fuel prices.

nm-logo-sq.gif

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.
(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
A "76" gas station in Auburn, Washington has already begun reprogramming its pumps to "make room" for double-digit pricing, according to the Post.

In the report, a 76 spokesperson confirmed the national gas chain was reprogramming the functionality of its pumps, while also falling short of predicting gas prices would rise that high.

Back in January 2021, the final month of former President Donald Trump's tenure in the White House, the average price of gas was $2.41 per gallon — with some states even reporting gas at less than $2 per gallon.

In the aftermath, though, coinciding with President Joe Biden taking office, fuel prices have skyrocketed in America.

How large are the increases? According to GasBuddy.com, a site which tracks gasoline prices throughout the world, only one state, Oklahoma, ($3.98 per gallon) has a per-gallon price below $4 right now; and six states — Oregon, Alaska, Washington, Nevada, Hawaii, and California — have average prices at $5.04 or higher.

From a national perspective, the U.S. reportedly set a new record high last week, posting an average range of $4.43 per gallon. According to AAA, that's a 35-cent increase from April ... and a $1.43 per-gallon hike since May 2021.

According to CBS News, premium gas now averages $5.07, up from $3.62 a year ago, while diesel has jumped from $3.15 to $5.56 a gallon over that same period.

Consequently, the seemingly exorbitant prices for gas and food, among other necessary staples, have contributed to America experiencing 40-year highs with inflation.

The Biden administration lists "inflation" as one of its highest priorities right now. But last week, the White House also canceled oil lease deals in Alaska — reportedly covering 1 million acres within the state.

This prompted Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, to tweet in response.

"Joe Biden just canceled a 1-million-plus acre oil lease in Alaska.

"It's like they're intentionally trying to have high gas prices."

Latest posts

Top Bottom