Dig on netflix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never heard anything about this treasure that was found in England in 1939.The Anglo saxons buried their king in a ship with gold treasures in 600 A.D.. It was under a mound of dirt for 1300 years.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a really good documentary about a major Anglo-Saxon treasure find on a farmer's land in England in 2009. It was called the Staffordshire Hoard - over 3500 pieces of treasure, weapons, etc. It was found by an amateur metal detectorist who asked a random farmer if he could detect on his land! To date, it is Britain's largest ever treasure case. Very cool story if you can find the video.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my wife watched this movie last night. Maybe it's due to me already being aware of Sutton Hoo and its greatness, but I was sorely disappointed in the movie. They didn't show the artifacts enough and talk about the importance of the find for me. It was boring. Like they do with so many movies nowadays, they take a perfectly good important event in history and ruined it by trying to turn it into a romance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom