Diller Boppin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone from out of state told me once that they did not know there were dillers as far north as Oklahoma. I was like seriously?? We're up to our armpits in dillers.

I’ve been pheasant hunting out by Grinnell and Oakley Kansas ever since 1990. In 92 I had shot an armadillo here in my yard and threw it in the back of my truck before we left to go hunting. I’d had planned on tossing it in the burn barrel at home but forgot about it. I tossed it out on Main Street in Grinnell by The CooP. The next day as we were eating lunch at the local dinner the “locals only table” had 3 older bib-overall wearing farmers having a heated discussion, I overheard them saying “I told you it was only a matter of time before those dillers made this far north” “damn, did you see that prehistoric looking thing” “what the hell we gotta do to keep those things from digging up our fields and breakin the Spindles on our tractors”?
We still laugh about that every year when we all gather up to hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you man enough to shoulder fire something like that?
If so, you can borrow the Lott for some Diller Boppin :D
Hell no I ain’t shoulder firing it! I’m thinking like.....drag the cannon up on a grassy knoll, diller family comes out to play down in the valley, FIRE!!!! Kinda a “just wing it” thing.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last 4 or 5 days they have been out in full force. Rain and melted ice made soil soft and moist again. Add the 75 degree days and its ideal for them. Took the Polaris yesterday and put out mineral for most of the day and was glad I had my 10/22 and my dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of this talk of shooting a diller with a cannon is just that. Talk!

Here ya go!
20210125_174351.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom