Dillion 650 6.5creedmoor shellplate ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about using a dillion # 1 shellplate (243 Win ) instead of the Dillion 6.5 plate? I just had one break the lip off on one slot with another slot clip out. The 243 win plate is a tighter fit than the 6.5 plates. Somewhere I may have heard someone using the 243 instead.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#1 shellplate works just fine.

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk
Yup what he said. Dillon book shows shellplate "W" for 6.5cm but when I ordered my conversion from them they sent me shellplate #1. I called and asked them about it and they really didn't have much to say except #1 plate works fine.
Honestly I was a lil aggravated because had I known that, I wouldn't have ordered a complete conversion since I already owned a #1 plate at the time.

EDIT: I posted in haste! My experience pertains to the Dillon 550.

Last edited:

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have #1 for 45acp,308win,243win , But am having replace the 6.5 plate with a #1 ,I just have to sent them the 6.5 plate . I talked to Dillion yesterday ,they said they went with a plate that would fit most brass rims ,they must be using some with rims at the high end . All the brass(S&B,FED,Horndity) I have fit the #1 better than they did the 6.5 plate

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, just running 4pc brass though to set seating depth, the lube rubbed off I think

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 147

Latest posts

Top Bottom