Dillion 650 machinist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The large primer assy about every 10th primer is jamming , the primer ends up sideways, I cleaned the tube ,the disc , the base . Does anyone have an idea of the fix ,am wanting to reload 6.5 creed test loads for my new Ar308/6.5c.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you running weight on top of the follower rod? I use a .45 colt case.

Alignment of the base is another issues that pops up. Where bolted to the ram with the two bolts.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The primer feed tube can cause problems too. Make sure it’s not tightened too tight or too loose. If you think things are out of alignment, contact Dillon and ask for an alignment tool. They provide them for free.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha. Then you should just throw it out.
Yeah yeah! It's like the phone people screwing up the old model when a new one comes out! The 650 is old technology now so you must upgrade to the 750. This is why I stick with the 550 cuz it's manually indexed and Dillon can't hack it to force me into an upgrade.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My new to me 650 primer feed is doing the same as the OP but more inconsistent. I ordered a new primer feed tube and haven’t had a problem with the new one yet.
Just a wild guess but I'm betting this is why they went back to the tried and true primer system with the 750.

Latest posts

Top Bottom