Dillon 650...POS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is it just me or what? This thing slings powder everywhere like a three year old having a temper tantrum. On top of that the priming system is a steaming pile of dog poo. And half the time it won't fully throw a new case in line to go into the die on the first station. Never had these problems on my 550. I see now why Dillon updated to the 750. So am I overlooking something? Anybody else have a 650 and these problems or just me?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be adjustments for the case not being in line.

My 750 is getting some powder debris but I attribute that to my bullet feeder being out of adjustment and it bouncing upside down projectiles off the case and me having to remove some that have powder in the HP. I'm hoping today with the feeder adjusted that issue goes away.

I think the priming system is different between the 650 and 750 so I cant speak at all to that.
I'm a newb anyways!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have one, but I've never heard anything else bad about any of their models.

Maybe call Dillon? I hear their customer service is top notch.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is it just me or what? This thing slings powder everywhere like a three year old having a temper tantrum. On top of that the priming system is a steaming pile of dog poo. And half the time it won't fully throw a new case in line to go into the die on the first station. Never had these problems on my 550. I see now why Dillon updated to the 750. So am I overlooking something? Anybody else have a 650 and these problems or just me?
Usually needs some adjusting to fine tune them. I did see this on the powder issue

https://downwindoutdoors.com/2015/02/dillon-650-powder-spill-fix/

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Dillon Customer service last week. Saw their warning about long waits and high call volume.

When I called I got a robot warning about long waits, high call volume-you are caller number 38. I waited on hold and listened to the countdown until 1 hour and 8 minutes later the robot says I am caller number one. I wait a few moments and the phone rings---a different robot answers and says the service you are trying to reach is no longer available, then switched to the busy signal and disconnected.

I had tried to place and order last weekend on line and there were problems with the website and I was trying to make contact and get my order straightened out.

Two days later I got an email saying my order was being processed and I will be notified when it shipped. It came that very day. I never did get and shipment notice.

And, part of my order is back ordered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom