Dillon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow, banned with less than 25 posts?

But so far I like my dillon 650, its my first press and im still learning how to use it.

I think he posted 19 of them within the same hour this morning. That might be part of the problem....

I like and use Dillon equipment. It's a 550B for now, maybe a 650 in the future, maybe not. I'd probably keep the 550 even if I did buy a 650 setup. The 550 is hard to beat as an all-round utility rifle/pistol progressive press, but I am slightly biased. :)

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After getting my ez-ject system on my LNL-AP, I am convinced I have one of the top two press for the money spent. While I will agree that Dillion warranty is second to none, the cost of caliber change is cheaper with the Hornady, plus now I use my LNL-AP for every cartridge I shoot. I still have a Lyman turret press, but only use it for minimal tasks such as sizing bullets.

Kryxar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I could go wrong with either press. The extra cost for the dillon would be easily offset by not needing to buy parts again. I liked what I saw of the LnL AP primer system, I've read mixed reviews of both companies primer systems.

Jim Thompson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all depends on whether you like a press that keeps it's resale value and doesn't modify it's press to the point that you can't upgrade. Dillons have been around for a long time now and you have always been able to upgrade. They hold there resale value extremely well. I've had Hornadys (the projector), RCBS (Ammo master) as well as numerous single stage loaders. Dillons got them all beat. I've got a 650 and a 550 and no, I wouldn't sell them.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Hornady LNL w/ezject and have loaded several thousand 9mm. Also have the case feeder and added a low primer warning alarm. I will be switching over to 223 in the next week or so and then load seveal thousand of that. The maybe go to .45 The 1000 free bullets with purchase almost makes this a no brainer. Nothing against Dillon, I think they are probably the best, but at a price.
I've called Hornday a few times with issues and they have alway sent me out parts free of charge. Just be sure and get to technical support, not sales.

Latest posts

Top Bottom