Diners, Drive-Ins and Greasy Spoons..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have some company coming in a few weeks to visit and do some traveling around the state. No specific agenda, but they will be all over the state and refuse to eat in chain restaurants. They prefer Mom n Pop places off the beaten path, so I'm asking for a list of places or favorites that you'd recommend in your proximity.

Only place on their list so far is Eischen's Bar in Okarche since it was listed in some travel brochures.

Tell me why you like to eat "there" or "what" you recommend. Looking for good eats, strange food, unique setting, etc., from around the state.

Thoughts..?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meers.
Head Country, Ponca City
Wild Country, Hominy
Clicks, Pawnee
Lucilles, Mulhall
Jim's Coney Island, 21st and Harvard, Tulsa

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bonjour Cafe for breakfast or lunch. It's in the Chase Plaza Shopping Center, up behind the Sonic off Memorial and Portland in OKC. French cuisine with a twist...the absolute best French Dip you'll ever eat, crazy good Chicken Penne Pasta in a BACON Cream sauce, superb Eggs Benedict, delicious Breakfast Rueben...etc etc. The full menu is served all day so you can eat the lunch fare in the morning and the Waffles with Chicken for later on.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frank and Lola's in Bartlesville - best green chili verde I've EVER eaten. Frigging RIDICULOUS. Get the Johnny Burger and homemade chips (not fries, like real American chips) and some chili verde to put on top open-face style.

You won't complain.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will 2nd clicks in Pawnee. but go early!

Even better, get a reservation. We had one for 6pm on a Saturday and were seated right on time. If you want a strip steak, their specialty, reserve that, too. They were gone at 6pm when we tried to order one.

A friend from Morrison told me Click's is Stillwater's favorite steakhouse. The Orange is strong there.

ETA: Jumping in ahead of dennishoddy, put The Rusty Nail in Ponca City on your list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom