Diners, Drive-Ins and Greasy Spoons..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are only two places that leap to mind. The first is The Diner in Norman. It's a little hole in the wall greasy spoon on the north side of Main Street in old downtown, between Peters and Crawford. I haven't been in there in a few years, but they used to only be open 'til about 2pm. Guy Fieri featured it in his show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives a few years ago, IIRC.

The second is Smokin' Joe's in Davis (get off at the Fried Pies exit; they're right next to I35 on the east side). I don't normally like ribs (too much work and mess for not enough payoff), but I'd drive to Davis to get some Smokin' Joe's ribs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anne's Chicken Fry House in OKC. They can sign the wall after eating a really good chicken fried steak.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clicks, Juan's in Norman, JUAN was The Dinner's old cook, and Sergio's in Norman.

Also Packards down town for brunch and awesome bloody Mary's

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even better, get a reservation. We had one for 6pm on a Saturday and were seated right on time. If you want a strip steak, their specialty, reserve that, too. They were gone at 6pm when we tried to order one.

A friend from Morrison told me Click's is Stillwater's favorite steakhouse. The Orange is strong there.

ETA: Jumping in ahead of dennishoddy, put The Rusty Nail in Ponca City on your list.

That's the Rusty Barrel. :D
The steak and catfish barn in okc just off I-35 is a great mom and pop place.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The Rusty Nail was in Bartlesville back in the day. Try Wee Too in Enid (breakfast/lunch), Gripey Joe's in Nash....lunch 11-2, make sure they get their water or tea as they walk in the door, or he'll get pissed :) Greazy Steve's in Pond Creek..all you can eat calf fries on Friday evenings and they are among the best I've eaten.

Latest posts

Top Bottom