Dirt mound after mowing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught this SOB in my pool this morning! Talk about an expensive trap!

I actually watched a trap spring the other day. This is my 2nd if the year.

Attachments

• 54744D74-07C9-4F5D-B166-6BD71C43E9B4.jpeg
    54744D74-07C9-4F5D-B166-6BD71C43E9B4.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 149

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes they only get a foot in the trap. .22 birdshot usually finishes the job for me. I've lost a couple of traps by not anchoring them properly. Those guys can pull a trap into the hole and it will never be seen again without a trencher to dig up the tunnels.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice mole! It's harder to catch them in a trap.

I'm hell on the gophers with the trapline traps. Never a miss. As soon as I see the mound I dig it out and set the trap(s) and within a few hours I've got a dead gopher or 2, and sometimes 3, depending on how the hole was built and structured.

I'm 0'fer with the mole traps. Zip. Zero. Nada. Can't catch a mole. Same brand of trap, just smaller, and I can't catch a cold with them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exhaust fumes won't kill them

I would think most autos today the exhaust is not near as deadly as an old carbureted big lumpy cammed engine.
I have bagged critters in lawn and leaf bags and hooked them to new car exhaust and the time to go to sleep in many minutes, an old stinky No catalytic converter car puts them to sleep in under a minute.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think most autos today the exhaust is not near as deadly as an old carbureted big lumpy cammed engine.
I have bagged critters in lawn and leaf bags and hooked them to new car exhaust and the time to go to sleep in many minutes, an old stinky No catalytic converter car puts them to sleep in under a minute.
I believe you are correct. I've found the same thing occurs with today's cars. A car with a carb works much better for the subject purpose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom