Disabled veteran license

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WonderRanch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had my lifetime disabled veteran license for awhile now.
I recently received a 100% disability rating from the VA.
Today I went to the VA to receive my state benefits package to file for various benefits.
I told them I already had a lifetime combo license.
They printed a veteran hunting and fishing permit for free. They insisted that I needed it.
What use is this card?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had my lifetime disabled veteran license for awhile now.
I recently received a 100% disability rating from the VA.
Today I went to the VA to receive my state benefits package to file for various benefits.
I told them I already had a lifetime combo license.
They printed a veteran hunting and fishing permit for free. They insisted that I needed it.
What use is this card?
Your original lifetime license is good to go. I'm not sure why you needed the Veteran combo license.
I think they might not have understood what you had, and their response was because they didn't know.
I'm interested in how they respond.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey, don't sweat it. It was FREE!
No, just like the money my kids get for college from the VA...It is not free. My broken body takes 45 mins to an hour to get itself ready to get around for the day. Migraines keep me on my back more days than not and I have not had full use of my hips and knees for years. Free it is not. I had to explain that fact to my college kids as well. But yes, the license is issued at no monetary cost, just our injuries , pride and service pay for it.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, just like the money my kids get for college from the VA...It is not free. My broken body takes 45 mins to an hour to get itself ready to get around for the day. Migraines keep me on my back more days than not and I have not had full use of my hips and knees for years. Free it is not. I had to explain that fact to my college kids as well. But yes, the license is issued at no monetary cost, just our injuries , pride and service pay for it.
I know freedom is not free. 21 years, and my arthritic hip is not "service related". It was just a generic statement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom