Disappointed with Cabela’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like going there for big ticket items. Special Club discounts, points, plus the paltry 5% military discount can really add up. Recently I bought a new motorguide trolling motor for 25% off because they screwed up at the register. I’m not upset about it. Bought my beretta a400 for like $400 off.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit shopping Cabela's years ago. I can get Chinese made crap cheaper elsewhere. I can't tell you when I last used my Cabela's credit card.

I use my Cabela's card for a lot of what I buy. Pay it off monthly, then use the points to get 'free' ammo and such. Even 'pays' for the Secret Santa program

I've been buying from Cabela's since the early '80's when it was mail order from Sydney, Nebraska.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've returned a few items to the new Cabela's/Bass Pro,,,
Some of them to the mail order center,,,
Some of them to the OK City store.

This has all been in the past 3-4 years,,,
I've never had a problem with their customer service.

I use my Cabela's MC for almost every purchase I make,,,
Those Cabela Bucks do add up about $15-20 per month for me.

Aarond

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a very loyal shopper at Cabela’s and found better products and service than Bass Pro in the past. I use my Cabela’s Black card frequently and save up reward money for reloading supplies usually(when available). I have many items with their brand instead big name brands because of their “no-hassle lifetime warranty”. I took back my first item yesterday which had failed. $159 fly fishing vest/ backpack combo, outfitter gear. The strap was pulling through. They told me “since the merger” (Bass Pro bought them) they no longer stand behind the warranty. I’m thankful my waders, fly fishing boots, my neoprene hunting boots, lace up hunting boots, Instinct backpack, binoculars, wool socks, base layers etc have not worn out. I will be closing my account with Capitol One and doing my shopping online. Hope this helps some OSA members carefully consider where/why they do business.
Cabela's Lifetime Warranty on their products went out the window when Bass Pro bought them out. It's not actually Cabela's fault but that of Bass Pro that 'screwed the pooch' when they put their policies in place over those of Cabela's. Unfortunately, with both outfitters under the same roof now, there realy isn't anywhere else (worth a damn) to shop at.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t been thrilled with the OKC cabelas for a couple years now. I used to swing in often when I found myself on the northside. I’ve got the card, I’ve bought an outboard boat motor, camping gear, scopes, reloading supplies, fishing gear, etc. but I’m considering just canceling my card as well.

Ever since the pandemic it’s been meh… nowadays it kinda feels more like a Target in there to me, than it does a place for outdoorsmen. It’s mainly a place for wealthy materialistic Edmond folks to buy their expensive cloths, glamping gear, and $300 bass rods.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might ask to call and speak to a manager. I had an associate tell me similar, and once I spoke to a manager (or at least someone higher up the chain) they apologized vehemently and replaced the item with an upgraded one, and then gave me a $25 store credit to offset the gas of running back and forth from norman (this was pre current comical gas prices so it fully covered my gas). I’ve not had any other issues there and vastly prefer them to Academy/Dicks for local outdoor gear. Just my experience Though.

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I haven’t been thrilled with the OKC cabelas for a couple years now. I used to swing in often when I found myself on the northside. I’ve got the card, I’ve bought an outboard boat motor, camping gear, scopes, reloading supplies, fishing gear, etc. but I’m considering just canceling my card as well.

Ever since the pandemic it’s been meh… nowadays it kinda feels more like a Target in there to me, than it does a place for outdoorsmen. It’s mainly a place for wealthy materialistic Edmond folks to buy their expensive cloths, glamping gear, and $300 bass rods.
There’s nothing wrong with a person buying nicer/higher quality stuff if it’s within their means to do so and they can do it in a financially responsible manner. IF it is actually nicer/higher quality stuff

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with a person buying nicer/higher quality stuff if it’s within their means to do so and they can do it in a financially responsible manner. IF it is actually nicer/higher quality stuff
I hear ya, correct there is nothing “wrong” with it, especially if it’s actually quality material. To each their own, live and let live, a person can spend their own earned money in any fashion they please (as long as it’s legal lol).

I’m just a country boy through and through is all. The city-slickers/yuppies kinda rub me the wrong way and Edmond is full of them. I was just having a little fun with a quick gripe about the yuppies

Latest posts

Top Bottom