Disappointed with Cabela’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya, correct there is nothing “wrong” with it, especially if it’s actually quality material. To each their own, live and let live, a person can spend their own earned money in any fashion they please (as long as it’s legal lol).

I’m just a country boy through and through is all. The city-slickers/yuppies kinda rub me the wrong way and Edmond is full of them. I was just having a little fun with a quick gripe about the yuppies
is that the same ones driving the lease prices into another stratosphere????

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use my Cabela's card for a lot of what I buy. Pay it off monthly, then use the points to get 'free' ammo and such. Even 'pays' for the Secret Santa program

I've been buying from Cabela's since the early '80's when it was mail order from Sydney, Nebraska.
yeah but have you been to the Sydney store? I’ve been there at least 10 times the town is now DEAD!

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All good things eventually come to an end. Bass Pro was once a great company and so was Cabela’s. Guess what, Sears used to be a great company, JC Penney used to be a great company, etc., etc.

Enjoy them while it lasts and move on when it changes. That’s all one can do. The best advice is this: buy local and support those businesses that support your community even if it costs a little more.

I hate it because Bass Pro and Cabela’s both employ local people that need their jobs. I wish I had an answer for that but I don’t.

It seems the rural communities in Oklahoma grasp the idea of supporting local businesses more than the big city folks.

Maybe that’s because they’ve seen the devastation caused by “big box” retailers. The empty downtown buildings and such.

I try to do business with individuals, local businesses and Oklahomans. I hope you’ll all do the same. We can make a difference if we want to.

Enough philosophy, let’s get back to guns, ammo and good food!

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All good things eventually come to an end. Bass Pro was once a great company and so was Cabela’s. Guess what, Sears used to be a great company, JC Penney used to be a great company, etc., etc.

Enjoy them while it lasts and move on when it changes. That’s all one can do. The best advice is this: buy local and support those businesses that support your community even if it costs a little more.

I hate it because Bass Pro and Cabela’s both employ local people that need their jobs. I wish I had an answer for that but I don’t.

It seems the rural communities in Oklahoma grasp the idea of supporting local businesses more than the big city folks.

Maybe that’s because they’ve seen the devastation caused by “big box” retailers. The empty downtown buildings and such.

I try to do business with individuals, local businesses and Oklahomans. I hope you’ll all do the same. We can make a difference if we want to.

Enough philosophy, let’s get back to guns, ammo and good food!
Agreed.

IIRC I think it was Matt Walsh who said Amazon and their ilk have killed more small businesses than the Great Depression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom