Discount tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a discount tire in Shawnee several months ago and I recently got some new tires from them. I have to say, I am highly satisfied with my experience. They were extremely friendly and got me in and out in 40 minutes! Now all they do is tires and rims so they are able to get people in and out faster than other places. My dad is a retired tire builder from Dayton tire and I get a 15% discount on certain tires at the Firestone store. It was still gonna cost me almost a grand with the discount so I started looking around. I got four new Ohtsu 245/40R19 tires for my maxima and it was $543 for all four with mounting and balancing, new tire pressure monitors and road hazard!! These tires are exclusive to discount tire apparently. I didn’t know much about them so I looked them up and they have great reviews. They are made by Sumitomo Rubber out of Japan. Except they are manufactured in Thailand. It’s the same company that makes Falken tires and of course sumitomo. So far I am very impressed with them. They look great and also ride great. Overall I am very happy with the whole experience.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got one here, but they don't have equipment to do alignment, so they're of limited use for me. No one in town will do an alignment on my car, I need to take it down to Tulsa.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First go to tirerack.com for research.....then..... Walmart online for best prices

Doing it for the third time and having a good experience. Must be patient since it take around a week for the tires to arrive at your local WalMart

Good experience with Korean tires - Kumho

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt shop around, but they seemed expensive as heck to get my last set mounted on the wheels and balanced. Getting the tires mounted and balanced (and new TPMS) cost more than the dang tires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom