Discouraging Gate-breaching Trespassers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not had that experience. I've posted in the past when the GW has called me and said he had detained people illegally hunting on our places. All he needs is verbal permission to issue trespass tickets as well as citations for hunting game on property where they do not have permission to hunt.
Been there, done that many times.
The last two guys caught had to pay $750 each for a couple quail they shot on us. He witnessed them walking out of the field. I posted pics of the incident on OSA as I was working on the other side of the quarter when he called me so I went to him to sit off to the side on the ATV with a rifle in the gun rack to back him up.
Key is to get to know your local GW so he knows you are willing to tell them to find a tree and hang them high.
When I caught trespassers on camera, the game warden already knew who they were and asked how I wanted to proceed, and I told him to give them a verbal warning and tell them not to come back. So far, that’s worked. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I caught trespassers on camera, the game warden already knew who they were and asked how I wanted to proceed, and I told him to give them a verbal warning and tell them not to come back. So far, that’s worked. :anyone:
I like to hang em high and let them swing in the wind.......They are stealing from me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MACV-SOG guys used toe poppers for the explicit purpose of slowing down their pursuers.

Of course, they also used Claymores with improvised delayed fuses for that purpose, so...
The other side did as well. They just used our discarded trash and lost ammo as booby traps. Plenty of examples online.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wildlife. A couple of quail. They drove almost 130 miles one way to get a $750 dollar fine for doing it.
The argument is that wildlife is owned by nobody, but it is on our property which does not allow access to anyone.
Not according to the state.

1678768276858.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not according to the state.

View attachment 357331
Who owns the state? The people.
Who Owns the property? We do.
Can you access property that is not yours to take wildlife without permission? No.
You link is old and no longer the law. It's all changed.
I knew this argument would come up and it's a false argument.

Latest posts

Top Bottom