1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disguising the Draw

Discussion in 'Self Defense and Handgun Carry' started by gerhard1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    One major thing I took from this video is how the woman hid her draw from the bad guy.

Is this something we should add to our training regimen? How would any of you nice folks do this?

2. p238shooter

p238shooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Very good post. She did have a child and an adult directly behind her target with the first two shots. She may have been too close to her target to actually see them. Glad it worked out well. She certainly was quick retrieving her firearm from her purse.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  3. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm wondering, do you think she step into her shot because she could see the woman and child behind him and it was a split second decision so as not to miss and possibly hit one of the females?

4. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If i remember correctly (and i might be wrong) i read somewheres she was a off duty sheriff's deputy when this happened.

5. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Brazilian MP armed with a Taurus PT640

6. Hawkman

Hawkman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Wow, what a great video w/commentary to dissect! Thanks for posting @gerhard1 !

My $0.02 on OP's question:

I don't think we as shooters *need* to specifically practice super-concealed draws. Here's why, IMO if a shooter has solid drawing fundamentals and can draw (and shoot!) successfully at a quick pace, drawing slower should be no issue. Second, if a shooter possesses good mental acuity and awareness, moving slightly out of the way of a threat's line of sight while drawing his/her handgun should be very doable. I think practicing to draw/shoot on the move is more beneficial than practicing stealthy draws.

Again, great question! This is the stuff I enjoy talking about :-)

druryj likes this.
  7. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You disguise your draw with speed, purpose of action, and getting off the “x”(ie side step or whatever). Where you carry on body adds to it.
    Tom Givens teaches and preaches about this.

Hawkman likes this.