Dish Internet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received a card from TDS for $34.95 month internet at 15 Mbps speed.
I already have DISH TV in my home.

This is 55% less then I am paying AT&T for a rural wireless hotspot device.

No cable or anything out here in the Creek County sticks. (Its not the end of the
earth, but you can see it from here) :)

Anyone using DISH for internet and how do you like it?

Tnx,
Free Trapper

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its my understanding that Dish doesn't actually have internet and that they provide billing for 3rd party vendors. Or somthing like that. At least thats how it is here in Lawton. Here Dish bundles you with SuddenLink cable which has terrible reviews here.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't want satellite internet. It will have outages from weather and just random outages every now and then. It also has data caps that correlate with the price. The hotspot you have is just a basic att unlimited plan sim card, which is much cheaper than the $80 that middleofnowhere charges- the trick is all in the router. If you go into the router, the sms messages will give you the text every month when you exceed the 12.5 or whatever the GB limit is, but notice your internet does not slow down. The best course of action would be to find people you can trust and get an unlimited data family plan and split the price. It might end up being $50 a month per person after taxes and fees.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its my understanding that Dish doesn't actually have internet and that they provide billing for 3rd party vendors. Or somthing like that. At least thats how it is here in Lawton. Here Dish bundles you with SuddenLink cable which has terrible reviews here.
When I bought my house about 3 years ago we didn’t have internet in my addition and when I had my dish service hooked up I asked about their internet. He said they don’t have their own. They use Hughes net or exceed. So you are correct. I am thankful I have fiber now. I was reading about Elon Musks internet deal and it sounds very promising. Hopefully he can get it running great around the country. That would put an end to folks who can’t get good internet problems.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our att rural has been good for us, I set it up when there was no leaves in the tree's and it was better but it's still better than what we had.. I get off the tower just N of Prague, there was a second tower go up a couple months ago that I figured was someone else's .. Nope, a new tower for what reason I haven't a clue but it's elevation is lower and that says my reception won't be as good.. The 1st tower is darn near naked now as the goodies have been pulled of less a couple dishpans that are still up there.. Test just taken and I often see it better, roughly 3.5 miles from the tower..
20200802_135521.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom