Dissolving the Dead vs. Cremation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen you mention this before. How does one go about donating their body? I might be interested in this option.

We signed up with UTN that Chuckie just commented on. In our case, we aren't concerned with how parts of our bodies will be used. After all, upon death, we won't be in them anyway. In checking their website at Chuckie's link above, one can see that they also have facilities in Florida and Arizona. If you want to check out more from them in person, UTN has (or at least had when we signed up) an office in Norman, OK.

However, according to their website, they may only have offices in the other two states. And, according to what I remember from signing up, UTN may not want the bodies if it isn't convenient for them to pick them up. We will probably call them and see what has changed since we signed up.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I checked into it a few years ago. IIRC you could donate to the OU medical department, they would use your body in medical classes then when they have had enough of you they would cremate your leftovers and return the ashes to your family. That was about 7 years ago.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@O4L

The wife just called the United Tissue Network people and was told that the Norman location has been closed due to COVID issues. Thus, they are only dealing with people in Arizona and Florida. However, the young lady did tell us of two other places for whole body donations.

One is called Medcure and the other is called Genesis Legacy. We are going to be looking into both of those. Maybe also see if OU medical will do similar. When the wife was looking back in 2019 for donating and was looking for something with OU, she couldn't find anything then but did find UTN.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this on the news a couple of weeks ago. It sure seems odd, turning bodies into a liquid goo and using them for fertilizer.

I have no problem with cremation but this kinda creeps me out.
Especially after having to exhume a body from a well with battery acid poured on him, in August.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Terry pointed out, it was right after he killed two hillbillies. His wounded buddy distracted them by feigning delusions and talking about the gold.

I may have watched Clint Eastwood movies a few too many times.
Yep, you're right about that.

I've seen it many times myself, but it has apparently been too long. I might have to do something about that this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom