Dissolving the Dead vs. Cremation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this on the news a couple of weeks ago. It sure seems odd, turning bodies into a liquid goo and using them for fertilizer.

I have no problem with cremation but this kinda creeps me out.
Just one step closer to the 'Soylent Green' culture. Personally I'd prefer just being buried directly into the ground, stuffed into a cotton/canvas bag. I mean, it's not like I'm going to care whether I get dirt under my fingernails or not 🙄

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how much in carbon emissions is put out if they just burn me over a pile of black jack fire wood.
The lady from Ask a Mortician covered that in her video about Gram Parsons, whose body was famously stolen. His goober buddies tried to burn his body in the desert, but they failed miserably. She said that was a predictable result, as you need to maintain something like 1500*F for 90 minutes (she gives the correct figures in the video) to cremate a body. Any less than that and you only end up with charred remains.

FWIW, the story about Gram Parsons is a heck of a story, and she tells it really well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom