Dissolving the Dead vs. Cremation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lady from Ask a Mortician covered that in her video about Gram Parsons, whose body was famously stolen. His goober buddies tried to burn his body in the desert, but they failed miserably. She said that was a predictable result, as you need to maintain something like 1500*F for 90 minutes (she gives the correct figures in the video) to cremate a body. Any less than that and you only end up with charred remains.

FWIW, the story about Gram Parsons is a heck of a story, and she tells it really well.
I will check it out the video. Not sure where the hell you find decent firewood in the desert. you get much west of I-35 and the firewood is trash. I am talking like half a Rick of blackjack at the base and probaby stand the body up vertical and get the flame to draw across it real good.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about the cremation process, but I do know that last year when we had my dad cremated, it took them 10 days.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing new. Been going on long before Mr Jimmy disappeared.
There was a British serial killer known as 'the acid bath murderer' who got sloppy in his disposal.
"Investigation of the area by pathologist Keith Simpson revealed 28 pounds of human body fat, part of a human foot, human gallstones and part of a denture...
It took only minutes for the jury to find him guilty. Mr Justice Humphreys sentenced him to death. On 10 August 1949 Haigh drank a brandy just before being hanged..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Haigh

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lady from Ask a Mortician covered that in her video about Gram Parsons, whose body was famously stolen. His goober buddies tried to burn his body in the desert, but they failed miserably. She said that was a predictable result, as you need to maintain something like 1500*F for 90 minutes (she gives the correct figures in the video) to cremate a body. Any less than that and you only end up with charred remains.

FWIW, the story about Gram Parsons is a heck of a story, and she tells it really well.
Most folks have no idea how long and at what temperatures for cremation. In some arenas that's a verboten question.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use lye. No complaints from the ex yet. I have a mixture of bones from Oregon state mental hospital where my grandpa was cremated. I don't think the bones are all his. I think they put them in a pile and you get what is shifted. I asked someone if they could check the DNA and thy said the cremation keeps them from detecting the DNA. This gives me some ideas

DEAR FBI AGENT: My ex is still alive, kids are grown and I no longer pay child support. I am disabled and there is no way I could lift her 5 foot tall 400 pound body. I could probably roll her head head over heals but there is no way I could get her into a trunk without at least a 18 foot Ramp. Trust me, I have ran the numbers,

Also: that last sentence was a joke. I joke when I'm nervous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom