DIY splatter target results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a guy making his own splatter targets so I had a go at it. Got a bunch of plastic sheet protectors, a ton of orange paper and a can of paint at wallmart for a couple of bucks. Put the paper inside the plastic sleeve and painted it. Tried two different paints. One made to adhere to plastic and the other was just regular flat spray paint I had handy.
The one I liked the best is the second pic using the regular paint. The hits were more defined and I like that. The first pic, using the paint made to stick to plastic, made a larger splatter but not sure that's what I want.
I'm trying to find a DIY target that I can use at long distance that's easier for my rifle scope/spotting scope to see. My next try will be using a laminated poster board using both at 500 or 600 yds.
Paint made to adhere to plastic
Splatter non reg.JPG

Regular spray paint
Splatter reg.JPG

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too much going on in my head I suppose yesterday .
SO SORRY! NOT wax paper.

It is Freezer paper that I used made by Reynolds as it is white and waxy on one side and plain paper on the other side.
I painted it and shot it.

Ok, that makes more sense. I have a bunch of freezer paper -- use it for quilting. It apparently comes in handy for so many more things that freezing. :werd:

Latest posts

Top Bottom