DO NOT GET STUCK!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes in hunting fishing thread.
Remember guys if you go off the beaten path or onto a beaten path and fall into ruts and high center you will need a means to get that rig out.

Take the chains and come along or whatever you need to use to get unstuck.

I was at love Valley yesterday and in the dark after the hunt I was driving out and slipped off the tall ground and into some deep ruts and stuck my Corolla.
High centered the entire length of the car with mud under the tires sitting in the deep ruts made by possibly a truck :).

I had some tow chain and 2 ratchet straps.
Yes the better 3500lb rated wide straps.

Those ratcheted me to high ground ..Slowly but they did work.

Tossing my cable winch/come along back into the car.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes in hunting fishing thread.
Remember guys if you go off the beaten path or onto a beaten path and fall into ruts and high center you will need a means to get that rig out.

Take the chains and come along or whatever you need to use to get unstuck.

I was at love Valley yesterday and in the dark after the hunt I was driving out and slipped off the tall ground and into some deep ruts and stuck my Corolla.
High centered the entire length of the car with mud under the tires sitting in the deep ruts made by possibly a truck :).

I had some tow chain and 2 ratchet straps.
Yes the better 3500lb rated wide straps.

Those ratcheted me to high ground ..Slowly but they did work.

Tossing my cable winch/come along back into the car.
ATV winch would probably work for the Corolla.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATV winch would probably work for the Corolla.

I used a harbor freight winch and it pulled a total of 3 vehicles up a ramp onto a trailer before it died.

My Corolla weighs 2,750 lb and stuck in the ruts so the pull force is much greater than the weight alone.

I would not know what kind would actually live and not fail me.
I do know a manual puller has not failed me unless I broke a bolt in it. I have done that and used a screwdriver to replace the bolt to finish the task at hand.

I am not against one of those winches though it I knew of one that would live a long happy life.

My son got stuck in Little City and I took a buddies big 20,000 lb winch there to pull him out.
Long walk in and I used a hand truck dolly to tote it and the battery to the stuck truck.

Before we got set up all the way I heard something with Tracks on it coming our way.
A big Dozer came around the corner.
Yep that worked very well to pull him out.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, there are probably a lot of off-road Corollas... :D

Glad ya got 'er loose.
:drunk2:

You have to remember this is swampratt we're talkin' about; the same guy who had a deer carcass in the back of a camouflaged GEO Metro! He can make anything off-road worthy.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a slightly lifted AWD Honda CRV a couple weeks ago. Had a decent set of mud tires on it and had tons of clearance. The guy said it weighs almost nothing and would go just about anywhere
There’s a couple of those running around Edmond. One newer one and an older one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom