Do teachers "really" have it that bad???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the old days we didn't need to spend all this money on education. You didn't need administrators or stadiums either. Anyone ever been to the first schoolhouse in Edmond?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Nice one saddlebum:clap3:
To imply that because I have no kids of my own means I know nothing about them is pure ignorance. If you think a 57 yo man has never had a hand in raising children just beause I had none of my own? I've been married 4 times none of them were virgins

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The powers at be are majority Republican citizens and their elected majority Republican representatives, who do not value education enough to prioritize funding for teachers.

I disagree. As I stated earlier, education funding has been an issue my entire life.

I believe that management of funds needs to be addressed before we through more money at the problem. There are too many school districts in Oklahoma. There are dozens of districts with fewer than 500 students k-12, these districts need to be combined where possible to reduce redundant facility and admin expenses.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love it. No kids....but all of the answers about raising and educating them. How hard can it be?
I never said I have all the answers but what we've been doing for the 57 years I have been alive ain't working and throwing more money at it is what we've been doing

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said I have all the answers but what we've been doing for the 57 years I have been alive ain't working and throwing more money at it is what we've been doing

Pure ignorance is believing we've been throwing more money at the problem lol. Hint: Still 48th in teacher pay and per student expenditures..... have been for years.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for teachers making ,$100,000 a year if they earn it. May problem is when they consitantly produce low performing students ,but think the all deserve raises. I say pay the good ones good money and the bad one send them packing like private industry does. For some reason teachers and public employees in general think they should all get good money whether they earn it it not

You're blaming teachers for the shortcomings of parents. If the parents aren't involved and motivating their kids to perform, their kids are more likely to be crappy students.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redistricting fans.... I don't disagree... but read the last paragraph of this article.

http://togetherok.org/8-key-facts-education-funding-oklahoma-betterok-budget-bootcamp/

Oklahoma has the 48th lowest per pupil expenditures out of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. For most categories of expenditure, the picture is the same. We spend the 48th smallest amount for instruction and school-level administration. We rank slightly higher (44th) for spending on support services, which includes counselors, nurses, librarians, teacher training, and curriculum development. The data shows that we do put a disproportionate amount into superintendents’ offices. The $252 per student spent on district-level administration is 23rd highest in the nation, but even if we managed to spend nothing on district administration and put all of that into instruction spending, it wouldn’t be enough to change our ranking for spending on instruction by even one state.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pure ignorance is believing we've been throwing more money at the problem lol. Hint: Still 48th in teacher pay and per student expenditures..... have been for years.
40% of the entire state budget seems like a lot of money to me. Some where in the neighborhood of 6-7 billion dollars

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're blaming teachers for the shortcomings of parents. If the parents aren't involved and motivating their kids to perform, their kids are more likely to be crappy students.
So if the students are so bad that they can't be educated what's the point? Why not do away with public school altogether? Why waste the Money ?
We need to have a standard of behavior for students and if they can't maintain it they get kick out and a standard of performance for teachers also

Latest posts

Top Bottom