Do what you say you will do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The title says it all. Just do what you say you are going to do. Currently in a lawsuit with a construction company that totally wrecked my home, leaving it worse than it was before they started. I have since hired other subs that had to come and start completely over. House is now finished....... except the first guys have now filed a lawsuit. Warning to other members. Take pictures, before, during and after. I did. Take notes, times, dates. I did that as well. I have a file as thick as 2 bibles. Off to see the lawyer tomorrow. Rant Over

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a year and a half to renovate a 10 x 12 bathroom! The company sent four different subcontractors and three different supervisors, and completely gutted the place three times. I also took before, during, and after pictures.

Subs trashed our yard with cigarettes, tile cuttings and grout over slop killing the grass.

The second to the last sub installed the white tile really nicely but used black grout! If he would have bothered to look he would have seen the work order said white tile, white grout.

The first contractor didn't ground under the tub and it cracked the acrylic. The ceilings and walls were so out of plumb and square the tile guys left 3/4 inch grout gaps in places just to even it out.

Yes sir, I have that T shirt. I have a whole closet full.

TIP: Don't make friends with your subcontractors. Keep it purely business, No exchanging tools, gratuities, favors, nothing!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The title says it all. Just do what you say you are going to do. Currently in a lawsuit with a construction company that totally wrecked my home, leaving it worse than it was before they started. I have since hired other subs that had to come and start completely over. House is now finished....... except the first guys have now filed a lawsuit. Warning to other members. Take pictures, before, during and after. I did. Take notes, times, dates. I did that as well. I have a file as thick as 2 bibles. Off to see the lawyer tomorrow. Rant Over

Sorry to hear this. We are starting in on a home remodel as well. Good contractors are rare. I found a good electrician from here @Sted-E Ed-E . He is going to do the elect needs. Another member recommended a Sheetrock repair/texture guy we are using.

Sounds like you have this handled.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this and I know exactly what you mean. We went through several contractors before we found one who actually does what he told us they would do (for the agreed upon price) and shows up when he said they would. Best of luck to you with your lawsuit, I hope you take them for everything they got.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a fundamental change in the way things get done. a paradigm shift! i don't know how many times i have hired a professional to accomplish some simple task that i don't want to do like i used to. they show up look at the job and then leave for half a day to go back and get tools and supplies etc. i get charged for miles and truck along with the vaping accomplice that just stands around. this has increased since the medical weed card has come. any more i just ask about their pain first so they can let me know how well the weed works,so i know what to expect. these professionals that need weed for pain are generally in their 20's or 30's. but weed isn't the problem fundamentally, the problem is the character. i guess i just expect to much???

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in construction for 50 years, and things are only going to get worse. The real pro's are retiring and dying, guys that knew the work and had the ethic, they knew they would not get rich, but they could make a living. Somewhere along the way, kids lost all desire to work in the trades, and the quality of the workforce went straight downhill. Kids have to be taught how to work, and parents don't do that anymore. For every nightmare story home owners have, I promise every good contractor and sub have as many stories. But the quality of the customer has gone down just as much, the yuppies wanted more than they could afford, so because you were a dirty face working boy they thought you should take a pay cut so they could have a 600 dollar faucet instead of a 200 one. They don't respect you because they weren't brought up right. If you come across a guy that does do what he says, treat him with respect and pay him well, he's a pro, just like a guy that wears a tie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom