Do You Agree?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When i worked in the oilfield badgers would sometimes get to digging after rodents in earthen containment dikes. They could really cause problems when digging under tank or equipment footings. Once i came across 2 in one containment. I assume they were male and female, but I grabbed a 24" pipe wrench and gave both of em a solid bop on the head. I put both of em in the back of the pick up on top of the pack rat tool box. About 30 minutes later when I met a salesman to sign invoices he leaned on the bed rail and looked in the bed to see both badgers, the big ol boy screamed like a girl. Like I imagine some of you doing.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 30 minutes later when I met a salesman to sign invoices he leaned on the bed rail and looked in the bed to see both badgers, the big ol boy screamed like a girl. Like I imagine some of you doing.
A few years ago, I walked around a corner of my house and came face to face with the biggest damned tarantula I'd ever seen at about eye level on the wall.

I did NOT scream like a little girl, but I did have to pray for forgiveness for blaspheming. Rather loudly.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad (he'd be almost 103 if he was still alive) told me of an incident that had happened years ago (probably in the '40s or '50s).

He'd pulled his pickup into a tight parking spot, and barely managed to squeeze his way out of the driver's side door.

He turned around to find himself face-to-face with a 4-5 ft rattlesnake (dead) hanging from the adjacent pickup's cattle rack.

If there had been enough room to move around, he'd probably have created a rather entertaining spectacle... :D

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago, I walked around a corner of my house and came face to face with the biggest damned tarantula I'd ever seen at about eye level on the wall.

I did NOT scream like a little girl, but I did have to pray for forgiveness for blaspheming. Rather loudly.

I've come across a few good sized wasp nests in my job (our older house boxes have the rubber seals at the bottom fall off leaving several good sized holes that practically put out a welcome mat for wasps) however I did run across this once in a pedestal:

20140430_200833.jpg

This bee colony was swarmed in there getting warm (was a chilly 50 or so that day). From the ped to the house was about 35-40 feet, I hit the porch in less than a second lol. Turned back and saw only 2 or 3 flew up then went back to huddling with the rest.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've come across a few good sized wasp nests in my job (our older house boxes have the rubber seals at the bottom fall off leaving several good sized holes that practically put out a welcome mat for wasps) however I did run across this once in a pedestal:

View attachment 127078

This bee colony was swarmed in there getting warm (was a chilly 50 or so that day). From the ped to the house was about 35-40 feet, I hit the porch in less than a second lol. Turned back and saw only 2 or 3 flew up then went back to huddling with the rest.
They're actually pretty tame when swarming like that (lol, assuming they're not the Africanized variety). Afraid they'll lose contact with the queen I guess. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen one porcupine in my life in the wild and it was dead on the highway between Ponca and Stillwater.
Badgers on the other hand have ruined two pond dams causing breaches.
When a kid I plowed farm ground for my uncle and rolled a badger out of its den.
Thought it was dead and got off the tractor to look. It wasn’t and was mad, the race was on back to the tractor.
Got back to the tractor after whacking it with my belt buckle.
I’ve heard they make an awesome European mount with the big teeth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom