Do you ask your wife before you buy a gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading something where a guy was selling a gun because he said, "My wife says I have too many guns". It got me to thinking, does that really happen? I mean, I've been with my wife almost 20 years. I cook most of the food, help with the kids, dishes, and laundry, and treat her very respectful. We have a great relationship and great communication. We both work and I pay some of the bills, and she pays some of the bills and has our insurance and retirement. My job allows me to watch the kids at work since they were 6 weeks old, now 3 and 9. But I can't fathom a world where I'd have to ask my wife if I could buy a gun, or that she'd think I need to sell some. Sure, a new car or house, we'd need to discuss that, but a gun? I'm not advocating divorce or even making it an issue. You have to do what you have to do. We are dealing with woman here. I understand. But come on, man up. Rant over. No offense to anyone. I know some here get butt hurt easily. If that comment is offensive, I apologize in advance. (Not that I care, just trying to be couthe.)

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't ask permission, but we typically have a discussion about any larger purchases. Again, it's not to ask permission, it's more of a "Hey, if I spend this much money, is it going to mess anything up?" kind of thing. Basically it keeps either of us from dropping a surprise purchase on the other and finding out that some bill isn't going to get paid because one of us wanted to buy something.

If it ever got to the point of actually asking permission (for either of us), then it'd be time for a major re-evaluation of our marriage dynamic. I didn't marry my boss or my parent, therefore I have no need for their permission.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and when I showed her this pic of my new gun safe, she told me I had too many empty spaces and we were going to have to work on that. :-) She's a keeper.

i.imgur.com_24pA8H2.jpg

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm happily single, but if I had a wife I would hope that she would be a gun enthusiast and use the gun I intended to purchase. This could be the reasoning to ask as well as the factor that the buy could put one in a bad financial situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom