Do you ask your wife before you buy a gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually mention if I'm looking to buy one. She knows I go years sometimes waiting for a good deal on one I want. When I don't have enough play money ,I'll get it out of the safe and pay it back later. She will get on to me when I find a good deal on one and don't buy it. She says " You'll wished you had bought it later ". Usually she is right. Just the other day I told her I found a Fiat Abarth in Tulsa I'd like to get and she said lets go get it. We are getting into cars again. I'm usually the same way when she needs something.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is cool with the gun buys. About ten years ago, I hatched a plan to get her fully on board. I told her about a gun that I could get at a decent price. We could shoot and enjoy it for a while and decide what we wanted to do with it. I sold it later but took her with me to do the deal. When I got into the car after meeting the guy, I handed her the $100 I cleared. She quickly sad "go buy another one". She trusts me on the gun stuff.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO. And if I had a husband I wouldn't have to ask him either. Fail safe system in place at our house, same one Ive used with my other marriages and it works great. We have my money, her money, and then we have our money. We both contribute to the bills, utilities, insurances, vacations, investments, etcetc. House and land and vehicles are paid off. But what we do with our own personal money is no questions asked. She comes in with $75 custom bra's and new shoes and I walk thru with guns, guitars, amps, etc. We communicate well so things really aren't a mystery at our house. My dad and his various wives did the same thing. My mother though is a retired banker and my poor stepfather has always handed her his all of his money so hes on the "I have to ask my wife" list.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have known my wife since we were 12 years old, I liked her in YMCA day camp. after 30 years of marriage, we discuss all purchases, which are outside of our normal budget.

Latest posts

Top Bottom