Do you ask your wife before you buy a gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO. And if I had a husband I wouldn't have to ask him either. Fail safe system in place at our house, same one Ive used with my other marriages and it works great. We have my money, her money, and then we have our money. We both contribute to the bills, utilities, insurances, vacations, investments, etcetc. House and land and vehicles are paid off. But what we do with our own personal money is no questions asked. She comes in with $75 custom bra's and new shoes and I walk thru with guns, guitars, amps, etc. We communicate well so things really aren't a mystery at our house. My dad and his various wives did the same thing. My mother though is a retired banker and my poor stepfather has always handed her his all of his money so hes on the "I have to ask my wife" list.
you may want to ask, why?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and when I showed her this pic of my new gun safe, she told me I had too many empty spaces and we were going to have to work on that. :-) She's a keeper.

i.imgur.com_24pA8H2.jpg

This made me short water out my nose!! You are right. Anytime you are fortunate enough to have an SO who enjoys seeing a smile on your face (and knows how to put it there) it is , as Martha would say "a good thing".

Congrats, sir!! You do indeed have a keeper!!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said "man up". The problem is several males walking around aren't men and can't make sound financial decisions. I have witnessed guys on here desperate to sell something they probably because they have bills they can't pay. Hence, maybe they "should" have asked their partner.

I have been married over 31 years. The first 21 years I was in the Marine Corps and we lived payday to payday. Hell yes I asked before I bought because money was super tight and we have 6 children. We are now in the position I can buy just about anything I want except a jet or large yacht. I still mention it to her though because I respect her. In fact she tells me to buy guns even when I don't want to because they just sit in the safe.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short answer... No.

With Alzheimers, she can no longer contribute much. But up until then, I valued her opinion very much on any/all financial matters for the 41 years we've been married.

However, the final decision was always mine. I like to think I never abused that authority.

YMMV. :drunk2:

My prayers for you both.

We no longer check with each other. Used to, back when money was a little tighter but now that we both have sizable allowances each month we tend to just surprise each other with nifty little purchases. Kind on the same lines of birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, that kind of stuff. We just buy what we like when we like or need ... or want ... something and say "Happy whatever is coming up next!"

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife doesn't care how many guns I buy; she is a keeper. Although, there have been times when a gun purchase cost me twice as much because she got an equal amount to spend on something she wanted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom