Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always.
All my working guns are chambered at all times.
I will not carry a pistol that requires more than pulling the trigger to fire. No cocking hammers or removing safeties for me. Just grab and squeeze.
In response to the gentleman that is concerned about mechanical failure. To check the safety of a Glock I removed the slide, chambered a sized and primed case and brought the striker back to the same point that it is normally held before the trigger is pulled. I released the striker and found that it could not fire the primer. I know that even if something failed and the striker got loose, it would not fire accidentally.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope I don't open a can o' worms with this one, but I don't. I just feel that it's more likely (still unlikely) that an untrained person could non maliciously get there hands on my gun than it is likely that I need to use it. My brother and I both carry and we store our guns on top of the fridge when at someone else's house, since there are normally kids around.

I'm honestly thinking about switching to a revolver for carry, tho. In that case, the entire cylinder would be loaded.

Just some food for thought, so here is my .02
You may need to re-evaluate your mode of carry. Whatever you use, it should be on your body - ready to go, or within your immediate sphere of influence - ready to go, or locked up. It should be comfortable enough that there is no need to take it off before the end of the day. It should be secure enough that you trust it in all normal situations. When I go to friends houses, even if they have kids around, I still carry just like I do every day. Most of the time they never know there is a firearm in the house The only time I have been "made" was when the kids ran to me for a hug and bumped their forehead. The "cell phone" explanation covered that.
In some cases, I have been around people for many years and they are blissfully unaware that I am carrying.

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously can't believe that 11 people are carrying a gun without a round chambered! Watch me snatch it out of your hands while you try and chamber a round and pop you on the head with it..hopefully knock some sense into you....geesh! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom