Do you carry with a round chambered?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you carry a semi-auto, do you have a round chambered?

• yes

Votes: 349 95.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neotim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neotim, do you have the thumb safety option? I think that would be a benefit in your situation. I feel better having the thumb safety on when carrying.

B

It does have the thumb safety, but I think that the safety only keeps the trigger from being pulled. Does anyone know if the thumb safety blocks the firing pin?

I use a Crossbreed, btw.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my situation... My favorite carry is my M&P9c. I have 3 kids (4 and under) that I take care of daily. With my M&P on my hip, there are frequent times when my kids will give me a hug or bump into me, and my gun is pointing right at them. Considering the M&P's firing pin is 95% cocked before pulling the trigger, I believe that the M&P could light up a round in case of a mechanical part failure.

Would you hold a chambered M&P (or glock) up to your head and allow someone to whack it with a hammer or fist?

No, of course not, but, I have complete confidence that my Glock will not fire, unless the trigger is pulled. As long as the trigger is enclosed, there is no problem. I do not know how M&P's work, but if I did not have that same confidence, I would carry something else.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uhh! Duh! I carries da boolit in my shirt pawkit jus' like my hero Barney Fife!
Hehehehehehehehehehe.

Couldn't resist this reply!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my situation... My favorite carry is my M&P9c. I have 3 kids (4 and under) that I take care of daily. With my M&P on my hip, there are frequent times when my kids will give me a hug or bump into me, and my gun is pointing right at them. Considering the M&P's firing pin is 95% cocked before pulling the trigger, I believe that the M&P could light up a round in case of a mechanical part failure.

Would you hold a chambered M&P (or glock) up to your head and allow someone to whack it with a hammer or fist?

Just keep it away from coffee tables and vacuum cleaners at the same time. It won't go off accidentally unlees those 2 conditions are met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom