Do you give a premium for private sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in the below scenario: How much more would you pay over $350

• Nothing more, Private has no value

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • $1-$20

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • $21-$40

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • $41-$60

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • $61+

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer brand new from the dealer so if I get pulled over in some far remote location I know the SN# is NEVER going to come up with any issue. That alone "to me" is worth going through an FFL to buy brand new.
Agreed.
I have purchased guns from both private individuals and dealers and have usually preferred going the private route, however, these days there are just too many stolen or 'questionable' guns out there to be comfortable with a private purchase unless you know the seller and history of the gun contemplated.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowest price. Period. Paranoia about 4473s is retarded. If the .gov is gonna put you on a list, they can do it without 4473s.

It reminds me of a guy at work who puts tape over the camera on his employer provided laptop...but plugs his iPhone into the same laptop to charge it.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm more worried about what Google has in their archives than the government. 4473s don't scare me but Google saves every detail and has more information on people than any one entity should. They say knowledge is power...
Anyway, I will not pay a premium, rather I expect a significant savings. I have done several privare transactions and know that when the time comes to sell or trade that firearm to be ready for the phone call from the detective wanting to know where I got it and when. So, buyer beware.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go private party as a way of saving money. If I 4473'd everything, all the guns I'd want would be here tomorrow. I enjoy "the thrill of the hunt" so to speak on the few guns I'm looking for and it gives me something to do at gun shows and Armslist/OSA Classifieds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom