Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brownie points . 🤣

Love the song, hate the memories. Put up with things for 8 years. Divorced her, and married a young chick I'd met a couple of years before the divorce. That was over 40 years ago. Still married to the young chick. If we both live to August, it'll be 41 years married, 42+ together.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The specific song track, its genre, and even an era does not matter as long as the individual listening enjoys what they hear. The purpose of this thread, I believe, was not intended to compare one era or music genre against another, and certainly not for the purpose of belittling or bashing someone over their musical taste.
As an amiture musician, and an old man, I have known several prominent professional musicians, and singers in my life. It has been my experence that groups that need GIMMICKS, weard names, clothes, actions, etc. are trying to make up for their lack of talent, and material! I love GOOD MUSIC, no matter the name someone brands it with!! As Andy Griffith said, " SOME GOT IT, AND SOME ANT!"

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??

What's y'all's favorite era??

I need to expand my horizons. 🤷 (As old as I am it will be more like "revisiting" ... Lol)

Right now it's "Sweet Caroline" by (like I have to say it outloud) Neil Diamond. My name ain't Caroline but I "might" have enjoyed a gentleman or twos attention while this played in the background.
I don't think I'm particularly stuck in an era of music, but I've taken to this techno stuff and trance music. It's very annoying, but I drive at night and at my age, the annoyance is a sure way to keep me wide awake. Whatever works, right?

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As Dean Winchester once said, "Any music made after 1979 isn't worth listening to".
CCR, Zepplin, Stones, Aerosmith (they're grandfathered in), Dire Straits, and all the old country singers. I still listen to Metallica, GNR, FNM, that guy that sang Nevermind and dipped, etc from time to time too but it's less and less these days. Old gospel is also good if you're a God fearin' folk.
I have always love the 70s rock but the past few years Ive been listening to Metallica and Tool alot with some Collective Soul thrown in. Some Nirvana and Alice in Chain for a change. The 90s had some good music.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite music is 80’s and 90’s country. But I also love rock, and some pop from back in those eras. I do listen to some older stuff from the 50’s-60’s too, but not that often. Music is bittersweet to me. I am happy when I hear certain songs but it also makes me sad as I wish I could go back to when the song came out. Getting older sucks.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stuck? Never. I listen to and even occasionally enjoy music from most genre’s and eras. Find myself listening to the sound of wind or a podcast in the car most days anymore though.

With that said. If I get to drinking or just want to listen to something that puts me in a good mood I ALWAYS turn back to the Red Dirt Country music. I guess it reminds me of college and basically coming of age where I finally found out who I was. I liked the me I found, and I liked the music I was listening to when I did.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always love the 70s rock but the past few years Ive been listening to Metallica and Tool alot with some Collective Soul thrown in. Some Nirvana and Alice in Chain for a change. The 90s had some good music.

I forgot about Collective Soul. Here's my favorite of theirs...

Latest posts

Top Bottom