Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??

What's y'all's favorite era??

I need to expand my horizons. 🤷 (As old as I am it will be more like "revisiting" ... Lol)

Right now it's "Sweet Caroline" by (like I have to say it outloud) Neil Diamond. My name ain't Caroline but I "might" have enjoyed a gentleman or twos attention while this played in the background.
You would not have enjoyed his participation.

I'm a 60s Rock, Mowtown, 70's Funk.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll agree that 80's-90's country is the best country there is and add that some "newer" rock stuff is good too. Any time I hear Amy Lee or Lzzy Hale I'm most "delighted" yea lets go with that... :naughty:

I've had a thing for Amy Lee for years! I think she has the most gorgeous, intense eyes than any woman I've ever seen.

foto-album-terbaru-amy-lee-evanescence-dibuat-bersama-keluarga-n9oWIfzqpW.jpg

amylee3_VG2961022_MG6545005.jpg

ghows-PA-21a6e9b9-beed-47a7-9b15-8eb88a09786f-c4b568a2.jpeg

ghows-LS-fa131b68-52a9-4fa0-b870-d28b99b412c1-57b0ccea.jpeg

how-to-draw-amy-lee_5e4c8365cc5bd5.15042974_21921_3_3.jpg

As for music eras? 60s, 70s and 80s for me. I listen to a small amount of 90s because that was my oldest daughter's favorite and it brings back good memories. Whereas my youngest listens to the same stuff I do. Lots of Motown, lots of Waylon and Willie (thanks dad) and of course, Metallica is always a good choice.

I'm gonna stop right now, because music is my passion and I could literally talk about it until the cows come home.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a thing for Amy Lee for years! I think she has the most gorgeous, intense eyes than any woman I've ever seen.

View attachment 340173
View attachment 340174
View attachment 340175
View attachment 340176
View attachment 340177

As for music eras? 60s, 70s and 80s for me. I listen to a small amount of 90s because that was my oldest daughter's favorite and it brings back good memories. Whereas my youngest listens to the same stuff I do. Lots of Motown, lots of Waylon and Willie (thanks dad) and of course, Metallica is always a good choice.

I'm gonna stop right now, because music is my passion and I could literally talk about it until the cows come home.

The Crazy is strong in that one.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that's a tough one. 90s rock and pop music is super nostalgic for me because that was my time of hanging out with friends, pasture parties, and overall just carefree happiness. It makes my soul happy to hear anything that triggers a memory from those times.

I also LOVE Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show and was fortunate to see Ray Sawyer in concert several years back. Outlaw country is really enjoyable as is Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Journey, Ted Nugent, Bad Co, etc., etc., etc.

My go to for focusing on getting a job done is normally very heavy metal, death metal, screamo, rap metal, and hardcore punk. Exploited, Cradle of Filth, GBH, Charged GBH, Casualties, Sleeping with Sirens, Of Mice and Men, etc.

My son listens to some rap core type stuff that I really dig, and my daughter listens to the more bubbly stuff that my wife listens to so I sing along to it as well because it tickles her and it can make a tough day a little better if you let it.

I can find things I enjoy about almost any music except pop country from the mid to late 90s and newer. It just doesnt resonate with me.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??

What's y'all's favorite era??

I need to expand my horizons. 🤷 (As old as I am it will be more like "revisiting" ... Lol)

Right now it's "Sweet Caroline" by (like I have to say it outloud) Neil Diamond. My name ain't Caroline but I "might" have enjoyed a gentleman or twos attention while this played in the background.
I'm confused. You say that you are into hard rock and then list "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond? :)
I'm an 80's man with the 70's as a close second.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who is Amy Lee ? Looks like a pop star.
Stuck in an era ? Nope , that's like a stick in the mud. Old music is just that. Like stale bread. 🤣🤣 ya'll need to get hip and step forward in time. 😁

I do like me some FFDP. I'm a big fan of Disturbed, Alice In Chains and the Offspring too. Like I said, when it comes to music, I could yammer on for days and days. :blahblah:

I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I thank my brother for Peter Frampton, Boston and KISS. I thank my mother for Fleetwood Mac and Barry Manilow. I thank my father for Outlaw Country. And I thank my grandparents for Big Band and Texas Swing.

I could go on and on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom