Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it is 80s today in our office. I heard some Phil Collins "in the air tonight" and expected to see one of our staff members, that lived through the 80s, rocking out. Nope our two little front desk girls, both under 20. They look up and say "look we found this retro music radio and are listening to oldies"...
I mean the disrespect coming out of these kids mouth these days...
There's a lot to be said for Phil Collins and Genesis. If you listen to their earlier work, you can hear the genius...

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to say that I was stuck in an era, it would be 90's grunge and heavy metal. Those are definitely my favorite. That being said, my Pandora station plays everything from those styles to Hank Williams (JR & SR) to N.W.A to Sepultura and anything else that I hear that sounds good. I dislike pretty much all of the new country stuff (not a major country fan to begin with, just select older stuff) and anything that might be Madonna adjacent makes my skin crawl.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to say that I was stuck in an era, it would be 90's grunge and heavy metal. Those are definitely my favorite. That being said, my Pandora station plays everything from those styles to Hank Williams (JR & SR) to N.W.A to Sepultura and anything else that I hear that sounds good. I dislike pretty much all of the new country stuff (not a major country fan to begin with, just select older stuff) and anything that might be Madonna adjacent makes my skin crawl.
This is a memory with a grandkid.

Dawn Medrith

New to the site!
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??

What's y'all's favorite era??

I need to expand my horizons. 🤷 (As old as I am it will be more like "revisiting" ... Lol)

Right now it's "Sweet Caroline" by (like I have to say it outloud) Neil Diamond. My name ain't Caroline but I "might" have enjoyed a gentleman or twos attention while this played in the background.
I can help you open your horizons!! Just got tickets to see Pantera in Wisconsin this summer!!
will be driving my old BMW convertible up in July, hmu if you want to ride along :)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought hard rock from the mid to late 70s, thru to the early 80s was "my thing". I always put the tv on some kinda rock when I'm cleaning house or something. Well today it landed on "60s Rock" and I am in heaven!! 😍😍😍😍😍 How did I spend my entire life not listening to these guys every day??
Try some Incense and Peppermints 1967

Latest posts

Top Bottom