Do You Guys Ever "Get Stuck" in an Era??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stuck? Never. I listen to and even occasionally enjoy music from most genre’s and eras. Find myself listening to the sound of wind or a podcast in the car most days anymore though.

With that said. If I get to drinking or just want to listen to something that puts me in a good mood I ALWAYS turn back to the Red Dirt Country music. I guess it reminds me of college and basically coming of age where I finally found out who I was. I liked the me I found, and I liked the music I was listening to when I did.
^^^^^^^^

Nailed it!

Good times, good memories, finding yourself or bringing yourself out of a funk.

'96 - '02, Wif and i spent many weekends fishing/camping on the beach. After a hard week, just wanted to be to ourselves, no phone, no TV, no people.
Somehow, it happened to have a Meatloaf CD in the truck. Got to where when we started to the beach, she immediately put Meatloaf on the tunes.

I hear Meatloaf and my mind goes to the beach and my mood brightens.

Might be the lyrics, the melody or just the times. The actual song is just a trigger.

Last edited:

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think music choices are particularly indicative of who a person is. Short of thug music, I'll listen to just about anything, although I've already listed my nighttime choices. My wife likes elevator music...
Andy Williams, Sinatra, Tony Bennett for the love of Pete, and she's anything but a little old blue haired lady. Wait...she does have hair, unlike me. It's all I can do to keep up with her. A guy I work with, big ol' burly guy, he likes Opera. Music is for everybody, regardless of who or what they are, and it's all beautiful in it's own way. It has a hypnotic effect on folks, and can take them places they can only dream of. I draw the line at Rap...that's just vulgar noise and lyrics to me.

Dawn Medrith

New to the site!
Reaction score
No worries! I can't even ride in the car to go anywhere with Grumpy right now. Road vibration kills me. (I did battle with a tree and the tree damn near won. 😠 )

Grumpy would never forgive me if I took my first road trip after they get me fixed (assuming they do) with somebody else. OMG, I would NEVER hear the end of it. 🙄🙄🙄 But thanks anyway!
HAHAHA I have a grumpy too!!hope you heal quick!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom